Sunday, March 2, 2008

Poetry Blog Unit 8

I am not a huge poetry fan but I did enjoy "Digging" by Seamus Heaney. The descriptive type of writing he used made me visualize what his father is doing. I could see him in the garden digging up potatoes. His description also allowed me to smell the turf and the potatoes. I could relate to this poem, because growing up we raised a large garden and it rekindled memories of working in those gardens. Also, while reading our assignments, I did not realize how many types of poems there are. In my opinion, it almost seems like it would be easier to write a short story than to write a poem. "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe was very difficult for me to follow. I had to read it a couple of times to somewhat understand it. I still don't think I "get it".

No comments: