Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sadie and Maud

In “Sadie and Maud” I really felt like I could completely relate with Sadie, scraping through life just as she has “With a fine-tooth comb.” (4). I have a very similar story as Sadie and it is quite ironic how this poem could almost describe my life compared with my brothers’. I feel as though Sadie isn’t given the benefit of the doubt and Maud is the child prodigy. Even though Sadie’s life isn’t as conventional as Maud’s, she seems to have a lot of knowledge and life experience over Maud. Some times in life things happen for a reason and things also follow a certain path, Sadie just seems to have a more difficult time finding her way, but seems to reach her goals anyway. Maud, who follows the path that people are suppose to politically correctly follow seems lacking, “Maud, who went to college, Is a thin brown mouse. She is living all alone” (17-19).

No comments: