Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Good Man is Hard to Find!

This story sounds like my family about to take a vacation. My sister and I always fight in the car, and we always disagree on places we all want to see, which leads to us getting yelled at. We have never taken the cats though or my dad would freak out! He is Not a cat fan! If we did pull a stunt like grandma did in this story though, I guarantee the cat would not have lived through my dad throwing it against a tree. The story caught my attention and made me want to keep reading because it talks of the secret places and suprises, I wanted to know what they were also, but yet in the very beginning of the story, there was foreshadowing. The grandmother didnt want to go because of the misfit, and sure enough the misfit shows up in the end. Whe she said that she recognized him, I expected her to say it was her lost watermelon love, but then I knew it was too good to be true! I could not believe that those young boys just took the family into the woods and shot them one by one like it was no big deal. No hearts or emotions at all. Very disturbing to me. The grandmother knew something was going to happen because right from the get go of the accident when the strangers showed up to help, she said she knew he was a good man and started talking about God and Jesus and telling him that he was a good man. I do not understand the last line of the story though. "She would of been a good woman if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life" Does this mean he hates women and wants them dead, or he didnt like her because she talked too much. I think I may have missed something.

No comments: