Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Storm

I thought the storm was an interesting story, and I didnt realize till I read a previous journal that Calixta and Alcee were having an affair. It all made sense also in the end when Alcee wrote a letter to her telling her to stay away a month longer (p. 259) section 4. That to me would have been a tip off that my husband was cheating or he was up to something. I would think that the husband would want to see his wife all the time or at least want her to come home after her long trip that has already taken place. Calixtas husband also was a caring manthat notices detail to have thought of her favorite food to bring her home from the store. This short story had great detail of the storm coming and also of the intimate ways Calixta was being with the other man. I love reading about things in detail, it makes me feel like I can really see what they are describing. Describing the way the wind and rain came down, and the way she was kissed was a great description of the event.

No comments: