Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Past Experiences with Poetry - By Leah S

In the past I have never liked the thought of "poetry". It makes you think too much, there are too many interpretations, I don't understand it. It is all about rhymes and words that I don't understand. These are all things I have thought in the past when having to start studying poetry. After reading the five poems tonight I have a bit of a different outlook. Though I did not like all of them, I was able to understand them and also enjoyed a couple of them.

In high school I remember trying to memorize poetry by making it into a song. Sort of like the youtube video that was posted...though I was never that cool.

I think due to what I have learned in this class already, including classes from the past, I am much more open at this time to studying more poetry. I am not going to say I will like it but I will do my best to understand and comprehend it. Besides, the goal of the class is to learn is it not?

No comments: