Thursday, March 25, 2010

Barbie Doll

If I were to rewrite this I would rename it “Ken Doll” just because it would go with the Barbie doll theme and be quite similar to this poem but just about the males rather than females. I never really thought about the pressures a boy might have because I am not a boy, but when I did think about it they have just as much pressure put on them. The pressure isn’t so much about looks as it is with girls I’d say but with strength. They are supposed to like outdoorsy type things and not be sensitive like girls are. They are expected to play with trucks and get dirty. The images I would like to present to the reader would be how men are supposed to be strong and muscular, and that not every man in the world is strong and muscular or likes going outside and doing things.

No comments: