Monday, February 11, 2008

" I Stand Here Ironing"

After reading " I stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen I realize how life might seem like there are many changes and yet things can be the same. I feel that the events of the young mother and raising her child in poverty does still happen in today's times. Yes we have had many economical changes since the 1930's but there still is and might always be poverty in this country. There are many young mothers out there that do not have the education or means to raise their children without the poverty problem. There are many children out there that are left home alone either all day or all night just so their mothers can work to put food on the table. With girls today having children so young they have to struggle to make it. I do believe that there are better facilities and programs that you can bring your child for help either to watched or for health reasons then there was back in the 1930's.

No comments: