Monday, March 31, 2008

Songs and Allusions

I chose the song "Love Song" by Sara Bareilles because the way the singer sings the song really caught my attention. Starting at the beginning of the song, I analyzed just what exactly I thought the song means. I believe that this songs talks about a singer/writer who is not sure about men. I think that she believes they are fake and unreal as to the way they treat women. I would have to say that the song doesn't block the listeners/audience from understanding what is being said, I actually believe that the writer does a good job of saying what is needed to be said, and discussing her true opinion and of how she feels.
The way the writer of this song presents allusions is amazing. It seems to me that the only allusion that the writer really refers to, that is to my understanding, is the allusion of love. Note the name of the song.

No comments: