Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone

I found this poem to be very moving. I interpreted this poem by someone who has lost somebody very special in their life. They feel like their life can't go on any more and may seem like there is nothing left to live for. There seems to be nothing good that can come in the future because somebody is dead. The use of the word aeroplane was used to mention a plane that is more heavier than a regular air plane and it has fixed wings. This represents the emotion of how the author was making us feel about the extent of the loss. This person that died meant the world to the mourner. I feel like I could relate to this person by loosing a mother, father, child, sibling or spouse. I have only lost my Grandfathers in the past year and they meant a lot to me, but not so much that I felt I couldn't live any more.

No comments: