Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Stand Here Ironing...

The mother believes that she has not raised her daughter Emily well by not smiling at her when she was younger. She got knocked up at a young age, divorced and then her husband left her. She could not give her daughter everything and was a struggling single mother. I believe that she tried her hardest to keep her babies happy, but I don't recall who the father of the other children were. I think if she realized how hard it was to take care of one child on her own, maybe she should have been a little more careful before she had the other two. I don't know what kind of birth control they had back then, but something could have been done. I think she could have been a little more caring to Emily like she was the other children, but in the end Emily turned out just fine. The mother did the best job that she knew how to do, and sending away Emily had to have been a tough decision but it needed to be done. Not everything is an easy decision but everything will be okay in the end.

No comments: