Thursday, September 3, 2009

'A Rose for Emily'

I believe the story was written by many different views of the residents in town. The fact that the narator never refered to as "I" or "me", rather it was "we", as in everyone in town. I felt like I was sitting around listening to a few different people talking about what had accured with Emily and her life. The sad things that happen to her that made her what she was toward the end of her life.
Emily obviously had mental health problems. More than likely they were heretitary, and also from the enviroment that she lived in with her father. Even though it seem like an odd relationship between her and her father she didn't want to let him go or I should say his body. I think that is why she kept the murder of Homer a secret, as well as his body. It was keeping him with her in body even if she couldn't have him with her anyother way.

No comments: