Monday, November 9, 2009

In my essay I am going to compare the two poems “The Man He Killed” by Thomas Hardy and the Poem “Dulce et Decorum Est” by Wilfred Owen. Both Poems are about war and death.
In my essay, I will compare the similarities and differences between the two poems. The similarities between the two poems are both are discussing war and death. Each poet has a different attitude towards war, one seems to be very casual (Hardy) and the other one is disillusioned. (Owen) In both of the poems, they are discussing the experiences that they went thorough because of war. Both authors of the poems have different viewpoints about war. In the first poem by Hardy, the poem is about war and death and his viewpoint about war is a matter of fact tone. I had to do what I had to do or be killed. In the second poem by Owen, it was very graphic and descriptive of what really was taken place in the war. It lets readers visualize what soldiers are going through and have to face while fighting for one’s country.

No comments: