Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Topic Proposal"

I will be comparing "Dulce et Decorum Est" written by Wilfred Owen and "The Man He Killed" Written by Thomas Hardy. Thomas Hardy uses a young soldier as the speaker and appears that the only reason he may have enlisted was simply because he has no job or money, not because he wanted to represent the country. Wilfred Owen was on the page that enlisting in the war was more of a noble thing to do. I wonder if either of these men suffered from PTSD after the war? I think that both men have regret/remorse with enlisting. Wilfred Owen has great detail in his poem versus Thomas Hardys poem is a little shorter and not as much detail. Even though it is shorter it has a tone change to help understand how the writer feels. I think that I will focus on tone and images.

No comments: