Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thesis Ideas

In the poems, "Photograph of My Father in His Twenty-Second Year" by Raymond Carver and "Do not go gentle into that good night" by Dylan Thomas, the speakers of each poem reveal their relationship to their fathers. In "Photograph of My Father in His Twenty-Second Year," the speaker talks about the old age of his father and of his opinion on his father's death. In "Do not go gentle into that good night," the speaker reveals how he feels about his father and how he wishes to be like him, althought he will never be. These two poems are closely related in the topics of parent-child relationships because they both show two mens attitutes and ideas of their fathers. In both poems, the author uses tone, theme, and word choice to make these poems more interesting and easily read and understood.

I will support my thesis by using quotes from the poems and other ideas and concepts I have learned from previous chapters in this class.

No comments: