Monday, November 17, 2008

Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night

This poem by Dylan Thomas is a very good poem. At first I couldn't figure out exactly what it was suppose to mean, but after reading it a couple of times I realized it talks about someone who passed away with ease into the night. I for one do not want to go gentile into the night because I want to fight for my life. Fighting for my life that is already too short is the only thing that I would want to do. Giving up is something I have never done and will never do. A little bit of confusion came when line 3 said, "Rage, Rage against the dying of the light." At first I didn't know what this meant and I still might not, but I believe it's saying to fight for your life and never give up. The lesson for this poem is to not give up on life and when death comes fight for the life you live.

No comments: