Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Papa's Waltz

I really enjoyed this poem and it was probably my favorite i've ever read. I picture a little boy trying to build a relationship with his alcoholic father(The whiskey on your breath could make a small kid dizzy, Line 1). They care for eachother and are trying to find something in common or things they enjoying doing together I believe personally. The boy has a hard time waltzing (But I hung on like death, Line 3) but he is starving to get close with his father and get his attention.They danced and danced til the little boy finally went to bed (Then waltzed me off to bed, still clinging to your shirt, Line 15) I really liked this one the most because I remember being a little boy and trying to be like my father and trying to be around him all the time. This poem was written beautifully and I would recommend it to everybody I can

No comments: