Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Rose for Emily

I liked the fact that it was not told in chronological order, it made kept me interested in reading more. I felt that the narrator was a person that admired Emily, because she/he knew everything about her life without ever actually talking to her. I think it influences the story because it’s from a point of view that is now in the actual story. A lot of the people in the town wanted to feel sorry for her, but felt they could not just because they did not really think she had any feelings herself for anyone else. I think the reason why Emily was the way she was because she was always alone. Emily wanted to die with the one she loved, so she killed Homer and had him by her for some time and then she actually died right next to him in one of the downstairs rooms.

No comments: