Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Poetry Experiences....

In the past I have not had many experiences with poetry. In high school, which was a good 6 years ago, I took an English course which had some poetry in it. But I do not remember those poems from so long ago, as I have a short memory. I know I didnt like how long some of them were and the confusing words that I would have to write down to look up later, and then re- read the poem. I find it very intimidating due to that fact, as I think that some poets are alot smarter and know their dictionaries, which made me feel less intelligent.
For this unit and units to come, I will try to take on the poetry world and understand some of the hidden meanings in those writings. I will not look at them negatively, well at least until i see how long they are, although I will give them all a good try.
-Nicole Kunz

No comments: