Monday, March 16, 2009

Poetry Experiences

I have never thought too highly of poetry. I remember vaguely having read some in high school, but that has been several years ago. The poetry we read, everything seem to rhyme. I remember writing love poems, but that's when I was a teenager. Trying to understand poetry is not one of my strong points. Some poems I need to read several times, so I can really understand what they are trying to say and even then I'm not sure if I'm right. People might see the poem to mean one thing and another person might have a total other meaning of the poem.

When I seen we would be reading poetry in this class, I did not see this as being very pleasing. I must say the poems I have read so far, have not been that bad. So my previous experience with poetry has not changed much with how I think of poetry today. I am hoping over the next couple of weeks, I come to enjoy it and understand more about it.

No comments: