Monday, June 9, 2008

I stand Here Ironing

I stand here ironing
I thought that this story was good because it shows that a mother with a child in the era of the great depression of the 1930's was difficult to have a child rasing her alone, and have to send her to a woman who was not the nicest person in the world. She had to work because the father was not around. The mother did not give her the attention that she needed to show love or a smile. She begged her mother at a young age to not go to work and made excuses so she didn't have to go to the babysitters. She was a first time mom that ironed all the time. This was a story that went smoothly well and of what was going on and what her actions were. It was a very moving story of being the oldest child and having her mother have more children. She seemed left alone loosing weight. I thought it was for the lack of love and attention. It has a good ending that shows that she did have a place in the world and that no matter, she become happy with what was handed to her her talent to make people laugh. I think that her mother tried the best she could because of the situations but, I also think that she could have found her another babysitter. Also if her mother showed her more emotion it would have helped a lot. This would had made her more outgoing instead of retreating inside, not showing emotion and along with not having her babysitter that she had when she was younger. This is just what I got out of the story and my opinions.

No comments: