Friday, June 13, 2008

Where are you going, where have you been?

When I first started reading this story I thought it would just be a typical story about a teenage girl that doesn’t get along with her family. Which it pretty much what it is, until you find out that she is going places that she shouldn’t be with unidentified guys. She hangs out with her best girl friend either at the mall or across the street at a restaurant. Then the girls separate and we meet Arnold for the first time.
As soon as Arnold drives up the road and calls for her to go for a ride with him and his buddy I knew something was wrong. I think that it maybe because I watch a lot of mystery and CSI shows that I always expect the worst from people. When the girls separated I knew something was up and when Arnold and Connie are talking you just get the feeling that something bad is going to happen. Then Arnold comes right out and tells her what he wants to do and I was yelling at Connie in my head to get as far away as she could, “NOW”. But she doesn’t.
This story left me wanting more. I don’t like to leave things hanging in the middle. I was looking for an ending, either she gets away or she is killed at the end of the car ride. We will never know and my imagination keeps going back and forth as to what should happen. TearaH

No comments: