Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A&P

I think that A&P was a well written story. I don't think that you would have girls walking in to any store with no shoes. I work in a grocery store for over five years and I have never seen anyone come into the store without shoes on. But I have seen many times girls come in with swimsuits on. I think it was pretty brave for Sammy to stand up to his boss like that. I also think that it wasn't the appropriate time for it. I think he could have waited for a time where maybe they could have had more time to talk. Although I do think Sammy has a good point in saying "You didn't have to embarrass them" (Updike 223). I don't think really affected the boss to think that he was wrong in the situation. But in the end, he lost his job and the girls didn't even notice him.

No comments: