Sunday, March 8, 2009

Poetry and Me

I am really going to enjoy this portion of our class. Poetry has always held a special place in my heart. I took 2 poetry classes in high school--reading and writing poetry. I have written several poems, one of which was published when I was very young in our church bulletin and I won $5.00 for it at the time. I have not written poetry for quite awhile so that may be difficult for me now but I am a collector of poems and I have kept all of my favorite poems throughout the years and have even started a "scrapbook" with designer pages. I love applying poems to every day life and sometimes they make me sad, sometimes they cheer me up. We recently had to have our beloved cat of 14 years, Tuffy, put to sleep and it was very difficult for all of us. I read the poem, "Four Feet in Heaven" by Alice Chase and it was very comforting to me to know that Tuffy is being taken care of in Heaven.

No comments: