Friday, May 30, 2008

Diary Entry for Miss Emily

I called Homer and let him know that my sisters were gone and that it was safe for him to come back to me. He didn't sound to happy to hear from me. I worry often about him leaving. I have heard the talk around town and I just know it's not true. Homer loves me and will always love. Won't he? Yes, Yes he will. What if he is only coming back to tell me that he has found someone else? Then, who will I have. What if he doesn't want to marry me? He is going to leave me, isn't he! But, he can't leave me. I love him. He is mine. If he doesn't love me now, I will make him. I will make him a wonderful dinner and get everything ready. Then, he will stay with me forever. Stay in this house forever. I will not let him leave me like everyone else has. No! I won't.

When I started writing this journal entry I thought I had picked one of the easier ones. But now after writing it I think I have come to understand Miss Emily a little more. Because, no one wants to be left all alone in this world. So, she did the only thing she could think of to keep him around. I am not saying it was the right thing to do but when your distrait and grieving loss your mind can think up so pretty crazy things. Again, I am not sayinig that it was her only chose. I am just saying I understand.

No comments: