Monday, May 26, 2008

The Story of an Hour

I really enjoyed this story and found it rather intriguing. I did not see where the story was going as I read and after reading the ending it took me a while to make sense of that. To me this story speaks about the importance of living our lives happily. Poor Mrs. Mallard spent her life with her husband feeling miserable, unable to enjoy life, and now she has a serious heart condition. Within no time at all after hearing about the death of her husband she is openly rejoicing. What a strange thing to do! I believe that if she would have been mourning the death of her husband she wouldn't have been so riled up and therefore would not have died when she saw him once again. I believe Mrs. Mallard could be as happy as she wanted to be even if things were not right between her husband and her.

No comments: