Monday, May 26, 2008

The Story of an Hour

When I was reading "The Story of an Hour" I thought it was interesting because it started off that the wife Mrs. Wallard was afficted with a heart trouble. My thoughts were that something was going to happen to her in the story. The more I was reading I realized that it was about her husband that was died. Her sister had to tell her without trying to get her very upset due to her heart problem. Her husband's friend Richard who had herd the news first because he received it at office where he worked at a newspaper office. When Mrs. Wallard got home she sat in a chair by the window looking outside of it. She was relived that she was free and probaly could do what she wanted. As the story goes on she gets sad that her husband is gone but it also saying "Free! Body and soul Free". Her sister comes in to see how she is doing. And so does Richard stood at the bottom of the steps waiting. Then a door opens and her husdand Brently walks through the doors. It shocked her and her heart couldn't handle it. The doctors said that she died of heart disease that was full of joy.
I thought this storty had a twist because Mrs. Wallard was kindof happy that her husband was died and that she could be free of him. Then when he walked in the room she was shock and the heart just couldn't take it. Thats is what I got out of the story.

No comments: