Thursday, October 30, 2008

"The Man He Killed"

In the poem “The Man He Killed” written by Thomas Hardy, the point of war is hidden in there, “I shot at him as he at me/”I shot him dead because-/Because he was my foe. (Lines 7-10)” Basically if you don’t kill the other person, who is trying to kill you, more than likely that person would end up killing you. Hardy has a point; however, I don’t like the point of war. I have family such as dad, uncles, grandparents, and cousins, and I have seen how much they change. I could never image what terrible things they have went through in a war. When we read about wars in history books and even now in the newspapers and on the News, we can only get a tiny glimpse of what is going in a war, and most of the time the things that we hear about may not even be the worst things that are happening.

No comments: