Monday, October 6, 2008

"Doe Season"

The passage when Charlie Spoon says “She’ll just add to the noise and get tired besides (Kaplan p. 457), then Andy’s father says “No, she won’t. She can walk me to death. And she’ll bring could luck, you’ll see (Kaplan p.457).” I think that was the passage that I like the best because Andy’s father is not ashamed to have her with, and he stands up for her when he could’ve have just agreed with Charlie Spoon. The passage that I didn’t like was the one about Andy’s father joking with Charlie Spoon and Mac about Andy being a boy or a girl, “Hell, you might as well just had a boy and be done with it!” Charlie exclaimed. “That’s funny,” her father said, and chuckled. “That’s just what her momma tells me.” They were looking at her, and she wanted to get away from them all, even from her father, who chose to joke with them (Kaplan p.463).” I didn’t really like that passage because in the beginning her father stood up for her now he is just joking with the other guys.

No comments: