Sunday, October 5, 2008

Doe Season

I really liked reading about Andy's hunting experience in "Doe Season". Since she was the only girl on the trip, the guys complained, "She'll just add noise and get tired besides" (457). Her dad stood up for her, but Andy did not seem to care that they were talking about her. Everyone said her father should have had a son, so Andy would try to act like a boy. I can relate to Andy's behavior. I have acted like a tomboy, even though it was not really who I was. It took shooting the deer and feeling the deer still alive for Andy to realize that she was not acting like herself. She decided that she was no longer the son her father wanted, "she would no longer be called that (Andy)" (467). I think that the hunting trip was very good for her to realize who she was.

No comments: