Monday, November 3, 2008

The Man He Killed

When I read this I got an image in my head of an elderly man in a bar with a beer in his hand telling old stories with another elderly man. This poem was well written and i'm sure many many many war veterans feel just the same as this man did. This man killed another man when they were standing face to face. (I shot at him as he at me, And killed him in his place) The man did not want to go to war I feel and is torn on the fact that he had to murder someone to save his own life. (I shot him dead because-- because he was my foe.) The man had no other reason to shoot him he says and was just there to do his duty. Im sure many many others felt this way after they got drafted and were sent there to kill others. This poem was a great poem to read for me because I have friends in the military and are proud to be there and I enjoy reading about it.

No comments: