Sunday, November 1, 2009

Barbie Doll

This poem is really brutal when you think about it being about someone driven to death by what society wants people to be and how in this day in age we teach our children to judge so brutally. For men I would say that the outside forces don’t do the same as it does to women. In a different way it really hurts men and people around them. When you think about the outside forces, you can say that hunting is telling men it is okay to shoot things, gangs show that violence to another person is okay, hitting women is the manly thing to do (to show her), video games give the wrong idea to men to do things they should not, and most important people that do extreme sports are giving men the idea that it is fun, and in the end some of these people die due to complications of the sport.

If I had to re-title the story for the theme towards men I would have to call it “superman”. I would name it this because society and all the negative inspirations out there people tend to think they are superman and can do whatever they want. This is not a good thing.

I would use a gun as the tool to men hate towards themselves and others after watching the crime that is being committed all over the world. I would also use a man with big muscles to show that men think that they are the strong human of the two sexes. I really do not agree with my own ideas but it would work for me to show the digestive perspective that men acquire. The diction I would use is he, and words that show hate on others.

No comments: