Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Lottery

I was not as surprised as probably many other would have been, only because I had heard about it before. What really struck me with this story is the fact that they all participated in the Lottery and were actually coming off as excited to do it. They all came and the kids got prepared, and they were talking and having fun with it. The sections that they talked about some town were doing away with the lottery; I thought they would be happy to do so. Old Man Warner called the towns that were talking about doing away with the lottery a “Pack of crazy fools”. Another think that I don’t understand is why they do the lottery in the first place? I know they say it is tradition, but why was the tradition started? Was it because they were running out of food, or room? Just something to think about I guess.

No comments: