Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Worn Path

This story had amazing detail as I read it. I felt like I was sitting in the woods watching Phoenix walk to her destination. She seemed like a very old woman and as she was walking through her trail she made comments and had conversations with the nature around her. To some people they could have viewed her as crazy, but to me I think that she had traveled this path so many times that she needed something to keep her going and needed something to do. In the middle of the story when she came to "the end" I realized the great dangers she encountered every time she had to take this trip. Would I do it for my child, definitely! I think that she was a slave and had to get to a free land to get the medicine for her grandson. If she had gotten caught bad things may have happened to her and that is why she chose not to tell the hunter with the dog where she was coming from. She was very brave to pick up the nickel he dropped and slip it in her pocket. She has great meaning in life to help her grandson and seems to have a lot of courage.

No comments: