Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Storm

I do not think that the storm excuses Calixtra and Alcee from kissing. I do believe that it was because of the storm that brought Alcee to the house to wait out the rain. Beings both of them are married I really so no excuse for it. I really didn't expect it to happen. I gathered the conclusion that Calixtra really loved her family because she made many comments about the where abouts during the storm and hoped that they were safe. I think that Alcee has had a crush on Calixtra for many years and that is what lead him to kiss her.
In Alecee's letter to Clarisse he told her "not to hurry back, but if she and the babies liked it at Biloxi to stay a month longer." I really didn't understand if he sent the letter out of love or guilt. Why would he really want them to stay away longer?
This was a really neat story. It was fun to read and the details in it were like I was there watching. I could picture so much of what I was reading. I could picture Bibi sitting on the keg watching out the store, and Calixtra sitting by the window sewing fast worrying where they are. I think stories that have good details are fun and easier to read.

No comments: