Monday, September 22, 2008

"I Stand Here Ironing"

In the Olsen's "I Stand Here Ironing," I think the passage about Emily's mom going out and leaving Emily by herself, in my opinion was kind of mean. ""Can't you go some other time, Mommy, like tomorrow?" she would ask."Will it be just a little while you'll be gone? Do you promise?" The time we came back, the front door open, the clock on the floor in the hall. She rigid awake. "It wasn't just a little while. I didn't cry. Three times I called you, just three times, and then I ran downstairs to open the door so you could come faster. The clock talked loud. I threw it away, it scared me what it talked (Olsen)."" She could have at least got her a babysitter because Emily seemed to be so scared. Also the passage about where Emily has a nightmare and her mother just talks “You’re all right, darling, go to sleep, it’s just a dream (Olsen),” to Emily, she didn’t even go into her room; even though, Emily had the fever that comes before the measles Emily’s mother could’ve sent some one else to check on her.

No comments: