Monday, September 22, 2008

"the storm"

The storm was a huge metaphor for Alcee's and Calixta's affair. Calixta is married to Bobinot and has a son named Bibi. Alcee has a wife named Clarisee who is out of town with thier kids. When Calixta is outside doing laundry it begins to rain and Alcee wanted to come in. I didn't agree with her letting him in concidering her son and husband were to return soon and since those two had a thing in the past. "Do you remember-- in assumption, Calixta?" clearly stating they had a fling in the past. I liked how the storm was moving along with thier actions "the growl of the thunder was distant and passing away." (258) I think Alcee is a dirtbag in many ways. Cheating is wrong and he went with it anyway. And afterwards he sent a letter to his wife telling her to stay away for a month. I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to see his wife, but I don't like it. "He was getting along nicely; and though he missed them, he was willing to bear the seperation a while longer." (259). Overall I liked this story and the metaphors, however it made me angry with the cheating

No comments: