Monday, September 22, 2008

The Storm

Right away in the story when it talked about Alcee, I could tell that he and Calixta had something in the past; by “She had not seen him very often since her marriage, and never alone.” I was hoping that if she let him in to wait out the storm that they wouldn’t rekindle the romance. It really made me mad that they were cheating on their spouses. They both were married and had children, so you think they would be faithful to their families. I liked however, how the romance went right along with the storm, and once it was over Alcee left. Once their fling was over it was like nothing ever happened, she happily greeted her family and had an enjoyable dinner as a family. “At the table they laughed much and so loud that anyone might have heard them as far away as Laballiere’s” I think the fling for Calixta made her more relaxed and was something she may have needed at that point in her life. I don’t agree with cheating what so ever, but I did find the story enjoyable to read.

No comments: