Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Lottery

The Lottery was a very interesting story. As I was reading it I had no idea what was going on, and why the kids were collecting stones. Everyone in the village seemed excited for lotterty day and they didn't want anyone to miss it. I think that it is differnet how everyone walkes up to the stage and pulles out a ticket and waits until everyone gets one. If someone in your family gets a ticket with a black dot you have to put it back in and the whole family draws a ticket. I think that the story is very different I don;t know how people can take other peoples lives by pulling out a ticket and then that person has to get hit with stones. Why would you live in a village like this? I don't know how they can kill someone then get on with there day likeit was nothing. Mr Summers kept saying, "lets hurry up and get this over with so we can go back to work."
I did not like this story. I still don't get why you would live there if you knew what was going to happen to you.

No comments: