Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"A Worn Path"

I really enjoyed reading this short story. I really liked how they took so much time to explain in detail how her journey went. She was a very brave old lady, could say that Phoenix was an unusual old lady. The 3rd paragraph states "Now and then there was a quivering in the thicket. Old Phoenix said, "Out of my way, all you foxes, owls, beetles, jack rabbits, coons and wild animals!. . . Keep out from under these feet, little bob-whites.... Keep the big wild hogs out of my path. Don't let none of those come running my direction. I got a long way." Under her small black-freckled hand her cane, limber as a buggy whip, would switch at the brush as if to rouse up any hiding things(A Worn Path, Par 3)." which shows a part of her bravery. She is on a mission to get medicine for her grand-son and she will not let anything between her and the warn path. Phoenix meets a young hunter man in the woods, which she steals from when he dropped and nickel. She also gets a nickel from the nurse ,at the shop she visited, from charity. Through her long journey she receives the medicine, which she made the long trip for. Plus she got 10 cents through her journey , which then she will buy and paper windmill for the little boy. I thought this was a nice inspiring story to read.

No comments: