Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Moving Camp too Far"

When I started reading the poem “Moving Camp too Far” I was excited to see it was about Native Americans because I’m actually taking a Native American class. She talks about how she doesn’t know as much about her culture as she should or would like to. “I can’t speak of many moons moving camp on travois” (line 1,2 & 3) She explains how she doesn’t live like her ancestors may have, but is trying to keep her culture alive. “I can travel to powwows” (line 14) It would obliviously be really hard to live the same way as pervious Native Americans did, especially with all the new technologies. But I think she is trying to keep her culture a part of her, as best as she can. This poem really reminded me of what I have been learning in my class. I found this poem very interesting.

No comments: