Wednesday, October 1, 2008

chrysanthemums

This story took me a while to understand and I still don't get the idea why the woman was cring at the end of the story. I got that the woman was very smart and loved to garden. when that man came in on the wagon she first did not want him there and after he said how pretty her chrysanthemums were then she was okay with him there. I don't know was she sad or depressed about something and I didn't catch it in the story, but on minute she is happy with her husband and then the next she is cring and she hides her face from him so he does not see. I guess she could have been cring after she saw the man in the wagon when she was driving with her husband and she had felt sorry for him. I would have thought that she was happy that they were going out to dinner, but I guess not?

No comments: