Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Doe Season

When reading “Doe Season” a lot of it reminded me of hunting with my dad. I started going hunting with him when I was about 8 and still like to go with him today. I was always the only girl that would go with our hunting group, just like Andy. “That’s what the woods are all about, anyway,” Charlie said. “It’s where the women don’t go.”(462) I never really got teased for going hunting because all my dad had were girls, but I can relate to the way Andy must have felt. Another thing that really reminded me of hunting with my dad is when he was gutting the deer. “Mac said, and we got ourselves one. And we hog-dressed the thing.” “That’s when you cut him open and take out all his guts,” (461) Every year usually me or my dad get a deer and I always have to help hold the legs while he guts it out. I can really understand how Andy felt at that time. It’s not something I ever look forward to doing.

No comments: