Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Doe Season

I liked the pride and confidence that Andy's father had in her. Charlie and Mac complained about her being there throughout the story. They thought because she was a girl, she should not be hunting. "I still don't know why she is coming." (457) I have an older brother that I was always competing with. He was good at everything he tried. I remember as a kid always trying to be as good as my brother. I ususally was but I had to work a little harder. I was always so happy when my dad would notice and comment that I could do it too. I loved hearing that my dad was proud of me. Andy's father was always telling Charlie and Mac that she can do anything they can do. "She can walk me to death. And she'll bring good luck, you'll see." (457) In the end, she was the one that got to shoot the deer and prove to the others, and herself that she could hunt like the rest of them. "I told you she was a great little shot!" (464) I think this is a good story of when you put a little confidence in someones head, they can be better than even they thought they were.

No comments: