Friday, January 15, 2010

Blogging for My First Time!!

Hello everyone! I am very excited that we are learning how to blog in this class. I was a member of a band for 4 years and we had a blog, but it was not my job to keep it up. I just wrote the posts and e-mailed them to a different band member. I recently watched the YouTube video "Brothers" by Dean Brody. "Brothers" is one of my favorite songs because I have a brother that is in Afghanistan right now. One of my favorite lines in the song is, "I have my heroes, but the one I love the most, taught me how to hunt and swing a bat." My brother taught me to do both of these things and has always been my hero. Yes, he is still alive, but as far as I'm concerned, he has already given up his life for his country. He left everything he had to focus his life on one thing, keeping us all safe and free.

"Sometimes freedom makes it hard to live, when it takes things from you that you don't want to give."

No comments: