Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dream Job

There are many jobs that I would love to do such as forensic archaeologist, or a paleontologist, but my dream job would be a photographer, preferably a nature photographer.

I have always loved taking pictures of nature but the past few years I have been interested in it more. Whenever I would go on a trip or even in my backyard, I would take landscape pictures and close up pictures. Unfortunately, I have a regular digital camera so when I zoom in on objects, that picture looks good on the display, but when I print the picture, it’s blurry.

Of course photography has its challenges such as money and the weather. If I decided I wanted to be a serious photographer, I would have to buy a higher quality camera than just a regular digital camera. Digital cameras take good pictures but taking close up pictures of objects such as plants or flowers, it can be tricky. As I have said before the picture may look good on the camera but when it’s printed out, that object is a little blurry. Also, if I wanted to be a full-time nature photographer, I probably would be starving for money at first. I would need a part-time job in order to pay the bills, buy food, etc., until I am able to bring my full attention to photography. The weather sometimes would not cooperate but I could shoot amazing pictures as well. If I was taking pictures of mountains or any kind of landscape but it started to rain, I could take pictures of puddles, creeks, rivers or rain droplets.

If I could be a photographer without money problems, family obligations, and other obstacles, I would be taking photographs in a heart beat as a living. I plan on buying a better camera so I could take better pictures for myself and maybe someday for others!

No comments: