Thursday, January 14, 2010

Diagnostic Essay

Kimberly Larson
Diagnostic Essay
College Writing II

If I Could Go Back In Time, I’d Profit
I like to say that I am a woman of strong moral beliefs, and maybe for the most part I am, but I would have to say that in all honesty, if I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would definitely turn a profit doing it.

Of all the eras in time that I could travel back to, I would pick the early twentieth century, particularly around the 1920’s. Everything was fun back then, the outfits, the attitudes. There were gangsters and prohibition, cool cars and fast lifestyles. The best part about this era is that for my little plan to unfold I need the witch hunt to be over, because what I’m going to show these people will seem like pure sorcery!

I will go back to 1920’s New York City and pass myself off as some wicked inventor and once I make a name for myself with the little luxuries stolen from the future, I would unveil the big stuff. Image the surprise of the people when I introduce the concept of television with sound, let alone color television! I know, this is probably going to destroy the future of mankind as we know it, but I couldn’t resist getting a little fame for myself.

Once the TV was a smash hit, which I’m sure it would be, I would pretend to go to work once again on another magical invention and whip out the IPOD Touch. Maybe I would be ousted for sorcery, maybe I would become rich, and maybe I would stick around for awhile. I don’t think I would want to return to the future and see what kind of mess I made anyway.


(This story is entirely fictional and developed for entertainment purposes only)

No comments: