Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Dream Job

There are many things that I would love to do if I didn't have to worry about money or any other obligations. I would love to spend time volunteering or doing something to help other people, but I am already helping others doing what I do now. One of my favorite things to do is go to big concerts or shows of local bands. Because I love music so much, my dream job would be to organize music events.
I have always loved music for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was young my parents always had music playing in our house. There was hardly ever a time when there wasn't music in the background. As I got older, I realized how much I loved music and started to explore different kinds. I listened to music whenever I had the chance. I still have music playing anytime I am home. I will watch TV on mute and listen to music at the same time. Luckily, my roommate is the same way and loves the same kind of music.
The first concert I ever went to was Good Charlotte. It seems pretty lame now but I think I was fourteen at the time so I guess it was cool at the time. I have went to a few big concerts and I always have fun, my favorite one was Elton John and Billy Joel last spring. Even though I enjoy big concerts, I love smaller shows much more. I always have more fun seeing less famous bands at smaller bars. My roommate, our friends, and I are always looking for a good band to see on the weekend.
By starting to go to these concerts and things I realized that I would love helping to organize them. It would be very fun for me to be able to help organize a concert one day. I think there would be a lot to learn working behind the scenes. It would be a very fun experience and something I would like to try to do one day.

No comments: